Question by elfkin the destroyer : what should i change my federal withholding to if i’m divorced with two kids? should i claim allowances or not? any “withholding taxes for dummies” advice greatly appreciated. thanks! Best answer:
Answer by Chantal
I never want to owe, so I put zero on my W2 (the form turned in to your employer for paycheck deductions).
However, you could have one allowance for yourself and 2 for your children (as long as the divorce decree/custody agreement specifies that you are allowed to claim both children), which makes a total of 3.
What do you think? Answer below!
- w4 with two children
- how to fill out w4 divorced with children
- recently divorced changing w4 withholdings
- can i claim divorced what should i claim on my w2
- im getting divorced how should I change my tax deductions
- im now divirced whst should i claim on my w 2
- should I change my w4 before a divorce
- stay-at-home mom w-4 allowances
- w4 what do i choose when i am divorced with 2 kids
- what should i clame on w4 if i just got divorced