Question by elfkin the destroyer : what should i change my federal withholding to if i’m divorced with two kids? should i claim allowances or not? any “withholding taxes for dummies” advice greatly appreciated. thanks! Best answer:
Answer by Chantal
I never want to owe, so I put zero on my W2 (the form turned in to your employer for paycheck deductions).
However, you could have one allowance for yourself and 2 for your children (as long as the divorce decree/custody agreement specifies that you are allowed to claim both children), which makes a total of 3.
What do you think? Answer below!
- after a divorce do i claim single on my w4
- If i am getting divorced what should i do with withholding
- if im married with one child what should my witholding be for federal taxes
- IF IM RECENTLY DIVORCED DO I HAVE TO CHANGE MY TAX WITHOLDING TO SINGLE?
- Im divorced can I claim a 1 for federal withholding status
- im seperated with no dependents how should i do w4
- im separated with 2 kids how many allowances on my w4
- my ex changed his federal withholding and now my child support is messed up
- recently divorced should i change my tax form?
- should I claim single withholding if I get a divorce