Question by elfkin the destroyer : what should i change my federal withholding to if i’m divorced with two kids? should i claim allowances or not? any “withholding taxes for dummies” advice greatly appreciated. thanks! Best answer:
Answer by Chantal
I never want to owe, so I put zero on my W2 (the form turned in to your employer for paycheck deductions).
However, you could have one allowance for yourself and 2 for your children (as long as the divorce decree/custody agreement specifies that you are allowed to claim both children), which makes a total of 3.
What do you think? Answer below!
- how many exemption should a divorced woman with children of age claim on w2
- after a divorce do i claim single on my w4
- if you get divorced should you change your federal withholding to single
- should I change my w-2 when i get divorced
- recently divorced do i chamge my paycheck
- im divorced and have 2 kids how many should i claim on my W4?
- IL Exemptions Divorced with kids how many exemptions do I choose?
- if i am divorced how do i put tax exemption
- if divorced what exemptions should i claim?
- should I claim single withholding if I get a divorce